If by any chance you got bored of classic old hummus than you can try this truly delicious Chickpea Salad With Feta. It’s made using the same ingredients as hummus. With the addition of feta cheese, and red wine vinegar into the dressing that makes it even more refreshing and appetizing.
What makes this salad even better than hummus, is the fact that it’s much easier to make. You simply boil the chickpeas (or use canned ones) without having to remove their skin (which is needed to create a smooth hummus).
You can also serve it as a salad or side dish to a dinner party, it’s so quick and easy to make.
–Like chickpeas? Then don’t miss this Traditional Greek Chickpea Soup With Lemon & Oregano.
All you have to do is toss all of the ingredients for the salad dressing into a blender, and then mix the dressing with the boiled chickpeas and crumbled feta. No fuss no muss right?
You can then add a bit of color to it by sprinkling some chopped parsley or fresh mint leaves on top.
Chickpea Salad With Feta
- 600 grams / 5 oz chickpeas boiled or canned
- 100 grams / 3.5 oz feta cheese crumbled
For The Salad Dressing:
- 1,5 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing, along with a bit of salt and pepper in a blender and blend until a smooth creamy dressing forms.
- Place chickpeas in a salad bowl and combine with the crumbled feta and the salad dressing.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves on top.