This Cucumber Salad With Yogurt And Mint is one of the most refreshing, appetizing salads. The thick and full-bodied Greek yogurt, make this salad sooo creamy and dreamy!
This Cucumber Salad With Yogurt And Mint is inspired by the Traditional Greek Tzatziki Dip (and here’s a recipe showing exactly how we make it in Greece).
You can literally eat a ton of it without feeling stuffed or full. And you won’t even have to feel guilty about it since it’s so healthy, nutritious and full of probiotics.
And if you’re worried about the calories, simply add half the amount of olive oil and make it using low-fat Greek yogurt, instead of a plain one.
This salad goes amazing with some salty, crumbled Feta cheese on top. It’s also great to add inside wraps and sandwiches to give a creamy saucy texture to them, but in a healthy way.
Used In This Recipe:
Cucumber Salad With Yogurt And Mint
- 2 English cucumbers
- 6 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest
- OPTIONAL: crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together all of the ingredients except the cucumber.
- Using a vegetable slicer or a chefs knife, cut cucumbers to very thin slices.
- Add cucumber to the bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Serve immediately with crumbled feta on top if you like. NOTE: If this salad sits for a while, the cucumber tends to release water that's why it's better made and served right away!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…