Ok don’t be shocked by what I’m about to say, but I’m not a fan of pasta. Yes! Really. I eat it alright but it definitely won’t be the first thing that comes to my mind when I’m hungry or about to cook (I hope no Italians read this right now).
In fact, it may be the last thing. But I do know that many people just love to have a nice plate of a saucy spaghetti. So setting my feelings aside, when cooking for others than pasta is definitely ON the menu.
One of my best creations of pasta cooking so far, is this delicious Mediterranean-flavored spaghetti. Made with my Fresh Tomato Sauce as a base, sauteed chicken pieces, sweet sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, and capers to give a slightly sweet-and-sour flavor. I’ve been having this dish on our restaurant menu a few years ago.
I removed it though when I decided to give the menu a more fishy look (mainly seafood dishes) So the Penne with Tuna and the Seafood Spaghetti took place instead of my Pasta With Chicken And Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
There is on one occasion though, that I still cook this dish in our restaurant. That’s when Jim&Sally come to visit…
So Who Is Jim& Sally?
They’re this lovely couple from England who visit our restaurant for so many years now and ask to have this dish as well as the recipe to make it year after year that became something like a small tradition. Which I’m about to break now, by revealing my recipe. (It will still taste better in Greece though 😉 )
Making The Fresh Tomato Sauce That Serves As A Base
It’s all pretty simple and easy to pull this recipe though. The only thing you’ll have to take some effort on is making my 15-Minute Fresh Tomato Sauce which serves as a base for this dish as well as most of my pasta dishes. (Sorry but I always prefer fresh ingredients over canned ones). Trust me though they’re much tastier and healthier.
And when I talk about making an effort, I mean jumping from this page to the one HERE that contains the fresh tomato sauce recipe. Because as for making the sauce, it’s so easy… No peeling tomato skins and stuff. This sauce comes in handy on many occasions so why not give it a try?
TIP: Make sure you use some quality Sun-Dried tomatoes preserved in oil like these.
Pasta With Chicken And Sun-Dried Tomatoes aka (Jim&Sally's favorite Spaghetti Dish)
- 250 grams chicken breast cut into very small pieces
- 1/2 or 50 grams green bell pepper cut in slices
- 350 grams fresh tomato sauce (link in text above)
- 70 grams sun-dried tomaoes cut in slices
- 15 grams capers chopped
- fresh parsley chopped
- 200 grams uncooked spaghetti No 10
- olive oil
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- Set aside.
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Cook until they get a nice golden color, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In same pan add another splash of olive oil (if needed) and cook peppers til slightly soft. Set aside along with the chicken.
- Add the fresh tomato sauce in the pan. At this point make sure your sauce has the right amount of water. If it is too thick add a hint of water.
- Add the pasley, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers and chicken into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Add the cooked pasta into the pan and mix well.
- Serve with some chopped parsley on top and your favorite grated cheese.