What’s The Greek Scrambled Eggs Recipe?
This dish brings together all of the good stuff. Scrambled eggs, salty Feta cheese, and oily French fries all in one pan. Its the Traditional Greek version of scrambled eggs. And to put it simply: It’s a BOMB OF FLAVOR!
These ingredients go so nicely together, that’s almost a shame to eat them separately. Potatoes and feta cheese are a match made in heaven. Whether they’re simply french fries with some Feta cheese tossed on top, roasted together in the oven (you really have to try this), or cooked together like this.
In Greece, we do have the tendency to cook the potatoes in the same pot with the rest of the food. Like with our oily veggie stews where the potatoes get cooked along with the veggies and the tomato sauce. And why not? They always turn out tasting even better. Potatoes (or other starchy foods) have the amazing ability to absorb. So why not absorb a flavorful substance instead of just plain boiling water for example?
Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch Or Dinner?
That really depends on your preferences. In Greece, we never have breakfast (only if it’s a piece of warm cheese pie) so we usually cook this scrambled eggs recipe for lunch or dinner. And since it’s even more fulfilling than plain scrambled eggs, it can be eaten in more ways than just breakfast.
To make the Greek Scrambled Eggs Recipe With Feta Cheese, all you have to do is:
- Fry the potatoes and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Cook the Feta cheese for a minute or two.
- Add the whisked eggs.
- Add the potatoes and stir so everything comes together.
- Easy Peasy right?
As for serving it, I like to sprinkle some freshly ground pepper on top. And eat it along with a tomato salad and some grilled bread. But that’s just me. And I’m just giving you ideas… 😉
Greek Scrambled Eggs With Feta Cheese & French Fries
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and cut into french fries
- 150 grams soft feta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- a splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fry the potatoes in hot oil until they become crispy and get a nice golden color. Set aside on paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, crumble the Feta cheese with your hands. Set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat a good splash of olive oil over high heat.
- Add the Feta cheese and cook for a minute or two. Stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the whisked eggs. Add the french fries and stir until everything is fully combined. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes from the time you add the eggs.
- Remove from heat and serve.