Salty, creamy, garlicky, and slightly spicy. This Whipped Feta Dip is so tasty and easy to make that's going to be your next favorite thing. Since other than being used as a dip, you can use it in a million different ways such as...
- A bread spread
- Inside wraps and sandwiches
- On top of a Greek salad
- On a soup like this Healthy Tomato Soup
- Serve with a plate of french fries (this is a MUST-TRY!)
And how do you make this Creamy Whipped Feta Dip? Just add everything into a food processor and blend until smooth. And by everything I mean the feta cheese which you have cut into small pieces (to blend easier), olive oil, garlic, fresh lemon juice, whipping cream, and hot red pepper flakes.
A few things to keep in mind...
Feta cheese is a cheese that's ripened in salt brine. The longer it sits in that brine the harder it gets. That's why sometimes feta is harder and sometimes softer. To use in this dip go for semi-ripe feta. Which means not too soft but not too hard either (so it blends properly).
If the Feta cheese you bought happens to be soft, blend using half the amount of cream this recipe calls for. On the other hand, if the cheese seems too hard, add a bit more cream to it. Just start blending and gradually add a bit more as needed, in order to achieve the perfect whipped creaminess.
When refrigerated this dip tends to thicken, so you may need to revive it with a few drops of water and a whisk. Or you can leave it as is, and use a scoop to add on top of a soup or make a cheese ball (I told you it can be used in a million ways!).
LIKE FETA CHEESE? TRY THESE ↓
- Spicy Baked Feta In Foil (Feta Psiti)
- Fried Feta Cheese Wrapped In Filo Pastry With Honey & Sesame
- Fried Feta Cheese (Saganaki)
- The Crispiest Creamiest Cheese Pie
Whipped Feta Dip - Tirokafteri
- 225 grams / 8 oz feta cheese cut in small cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons full-fat whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon spicy red pepper flakes
- OPTIONAL: hot red pepper for sprinkling on top
- In a food processor add all of the ingredients and blend until perfectly smooth and airy. NOTE: Depending on how ripened the feta cheese is, (it's softer when it's fresh and gets harder the longer it stays in brine) you may need to adjust the quantity of cream. Start with 4 tablespoons of cream and if you find the dip not as creamy as you would like it to be, add a bit more.
- Serve with hot red pepper or extra pepper flakes on top.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...