Greek Vegetable Stew
This Greek Vegetable Stew is very flavorsome & fulfilling. With a rich tomato sauce, it can proudly stand as a main dish. To enjoy it like a Greek, serve with a piece of feta cheese, some crusty bread, and a glass of red wine.
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 550 grams / 19.4 oz green beans fresh or frozen
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 zucchinis cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggplants cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 green bell peppers (or any other type you prefer) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (a bit smaller than the veggies)
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt & ground pepper
Heat olive oil in a cooking pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soften and golden in color.
Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally until they soften slightly.
Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Add the remaining ingredients along with 2 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer leaving the pots' lid slightly open for about 45 minutes to one hour. Until sauce thickens and veggies are tender when you prick with a knife.
Serving: 1-serving | Calories: 486.67kcal | Carbohydrates: 58.65g | Protein: 12.44g | Fat: 26.48g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Sodium: 108.49mg | Potassium: 2177.56mg | Fiber: 18.59g | Sugar: 19.81g | Vitamin A: 1918.59IU | Vitamin C: 119.18mg | Calcium: 167.65mg | Iron: 9.09mg