Marinated Tomato Salad With Herbs
Simple and delicious Marinated Tomato Salad with fresh herbs, red onions, and a light marinade of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar.
Servings: 1 bowl
- 500 grams (about 3 medium-sized) tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 50 grams (⅓ medium-sized) red onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil (or ⅔ teaspoon dill instead)
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + ½ teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- ⅓ teaspoon red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- kosher salt
- Optional: crumbled feta cheese and grilled pita bread to serve with
Place tomatoes in a large salad or mixing bowl along with the onions and herbs. Season with kosher salt.
In a small bowl mix together all of the remaining ingredients and then pour over the tomatoes.
Mix very well with a spoon. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 3 hours at room temperature.
You can serve the salad over grilled pita bread and then add some crumbled feta cheese on top. Or serve as is, along with some bread for dipping!
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 41g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 1299mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4609IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg