Detox - Greek Yogurt Creamed Spinach
Ultra flavorful and extra creamy Greek yogurt creamed spinach flavored with lemon, garlic, and dill.
- 240 grams (8.4 ounce) strained Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- ¼ lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams (½ small) red onion minced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 25 grams (½ medium-sized) spring onion mostly the green part finely chopped
- 350 grams fresh spinach leaves or frozen thawed spinach
In a bowl whisk to combine the Greek yogurt, dill, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water to make the mixture a bit more runny depending on how thick the yogurt you are using is, and set the bowl aside.
Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat.
Add the red onion and garlic and drop the heat to low. Cook until caramelized and golden.
Add the spring onion and the spinach in batches. Give it a minute or two after each batch for the spinach to wilt before adding the next one. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Take the pan off the heat. Stir in the Greek yogurt mixture.
Serve with freshly ground pepper on top.
You can store in an airtight food container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 1259mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16557IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 5mg