I love this time of the year when all the healthy veggies like beets, broccoli, spinach cauliflower are in season. I can eat a ton of them. Even though I miss summer veggies such as a well-ripened tomato, that you can turn into a luscious Greek salad. This creamy and flavorful Beetroot salad with Greek yogurt, makes me forget all about it!
Patzarosalata is made with finely chopped boiled beetroots mixed with fresh herbs, Greek yogurt, garlic, onion, and vinegar. It’s a delicious Greek dip very appetizing and refreshing.
And just like Tzatziki, this yogurt garlic-y dip goes amazing with any meat. Other ways I like to enjoy this salad is to toss it on top of chopped lettuce or baby spinach leaves.
What Beets To Use To Make Patzarosalata
Boiled beets are best for this salad. Just make sure you add enough salt to bring down the sweetness a bit. You can even use pickled beets but then you’ll have to skip adding the vinegar this recipe calls for.
What’s best about this salad is that the more it sits, the better it gets. The garlic and vinegar, along with the fresh herbs give a stronger flavor by ‘marinating’ the beets.
Other Delicious & Healthy Greek Yogurt Recipes To Try:
- Greek Yogurt Mashed Potatoes
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothie With Honey & Greek Yogurt
- Detox Creamed Spinach
Beetroot Salad Dip With Greek Yogurt (Patzarosalata)
- 250 grams or 2 medium-sized boiled beetroots cut into 1 cm squares
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- a handful of fresh parsley chopped
- a handful of dill chopped
- salt & pepper
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Ideally, refrigerate salad for 2 hours before serving.