If just the idea of making anything that contains the word bread to it puts you off then think again... Making delicious bread and in this case, bread rolls don't have to be difficult at all.
These crusty & flavorful Feta Bread Rolls don't require any kneading. Only 1-2 hours to rest and rise.
I love that they're so easy to make. That's why I make them every chance I get for family and friend gatherings. Everyone goes -Wow these are so good... -Did you really make those?
And of course, they don't have to know that if they knew how they're made, they would probably make these feta bread rolls themselves!
They're sooo flavorful because the feta cheese gets mixed into the dough. That means that it gets all over the rolls so you find bits of baked-cheesy-flavor in every bite.
You can even add some extra crumbled feta into the center of the rolls for extra cheesy goodness.
LOVE FETA CHEESE? TRY these...
- Mum's Extra Crispy Feta Cheese Pie Rolls
- Snail Shaped Cheese Pie With Feta & Yogurt
- Spicy Baked Feta In Foil
- Fried Feta Cheese Wrapped In Filo With Honey & Sesame
Other Stuffings To Use In Feta Bread Rolls
Along with the feta cheese, you can boost the flavor of these rolls by adding ingredients like :
- pitted olives
- or even crushed garlic
NOTE: just make sure you cook ingredients like mushrooms and bacon before you add them into the dough.
You can also flavor them with garlic powder, thyme, oregano, or rosemary.
The best thing about these Feta Bread Rolls though is that they're so soft and fluffy on the inside and nice and crunchy on the outside.
If you're used to having soft dinner rolls than I would definitely recommend for you to try these crusty bread rolls for a change.
One of the reasons we prefer crusty bread in Greece is because we like to dip it into our food which usually contains plenty of healthy olive oil.
Dip these feta bread rolls into the juices that collect at the bottom of a Greek salad plate and it's going to be one of the yummiest things you have ever tried!
Crusty No-Knead Feta Bread Rolls (Tiropsoma)
- 500 grams / 1 lb all purpose flour
- 9 grams /0,3 oz dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil +extra for the pan
- 300 grams / 10,5 oz tepid water
- 200 grams / 7 oz feta cheese coarsely crumbled
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add the olive oil and water. Mix by hand until everything is fully combined. The dough should feel soft and slightly sticky without leaving fragments on your hands though. If it does add just a little bit more flour to it.
- Add the crumbled feta and knead gently until it goes all over the dough.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rest at room temperature until it doubles in size. Takes about 1 hour at a room temperature of 25°C / 77°F.
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 428°F.
- Grease a baking pan with a good splash of olive oil.
- Shape dough into a long cord. Cut to 8 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball and add to the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bread rolls get a golden brown color.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...