Why buy storebought salad dressings, loaded with preservatives, when you can actually make a delicious one at home? This Healthy, Homemade Greek Vinegraitte (salad dressing) requires only a few ingredients and a bit of whisking to make. Then you can pour it on top of your favorite salad to load it with flavor or store in the fridge for later use.
This Greek Vinaigrette is very refreshing, light, and slightly creamy. Made with mustard, Greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, dried oregano, and extra virgin olive oil. It’s not a traditional Greek recipe but is full of Greek flavors.
This Greek Vinaigrette goes best with all types of crunchy Green salads. And feels very appetizing and refreshing because of the garlic and red wine vinegar.
Don’t miss out this Cleansing Greek Lettuce Salad that’s made with a similar light and refreshing dressing.
I always make this vinaigrette using extra virgin Greek olive oil. It adds so much flavor, it helps thicken the dressing, and it’s super healthy as it’s completely unrefined, unlike other vegetable oils.
This flavorful vinaigrette can also be used as a meat marinade. It will add a nice boost of flavor to souvlaki or grilled chicken. The acidity of the mustard and vinegar will tenderize the meat, while the oregano and garlic will make it taste divine!
Healthy, Homemade Greek Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mild mustard
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 160 grams olive oil
- salt & pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until fully combined.
- Serve immediately on your favorite salad or store in a small jar in the fridge for later use. Make sure you shake well before using.