These Healthy Chicken Wraps, are so light, cool, and refreshing that you literally CANNOT STOP EATING THEM! I made them yesterday morning in order to have them for dinner last night, but they ended up being my all-day snack (cannot remember the number of visits I paid to my fridge for “just one more…”).
Do you know how healthy food that’s low in calories can sometimes be a little bland? Well, my friends, this isn’t the case with these chicken wraps!
What They’re Made Of
Made of a creamy low-calorie chicken salad (boiled chicken, light cream cheese, and low-fat Greek yogurt), and fresh veggies like cucumber, tomato, lettuce, and onion.
I wrapped them using whole wheat tortillas but you can use plain ones if you prefer. But why not add a few extra grams of fiber when the flavor is pretty much the same?
You can also use:
How To Make Chicken Wraps With Tortilla…
First prepare the chicken salad, by boiling the chicken breast and setting aside to cool. Then shred chicken and mix in a bowl along with the remaining ingredients for the salad.
Place a tortilla on your working surface and add the veggies and about 2 spoonfuls of the filling. That will depend on the size of your tortilla.
If you’re looking for healthy, low calorie foods, than you may also like my list of 48 TASTIEST HEALTHIEST SNACKS (that you can buy online, or make at home)
Overlap the bottom end of the tortilla over the filling to see how big it will get (squeeze gently for the chicken salad to spread and help stick together). It should be about ⅓ of the overall length of the tortilla so you’ll have enough space to roll & wrap it. You can then remove or add more filling as needed.
Then fold the left and right side and start rolling until you reach the end of the tortilla.
A Few Ideas:
- You can have them as a pre-workout or post-workout snack.
- They can be a healthy school lunch for your kids.
- Or your healthy lunch at work.
- You can serve them at your kid’s party as a healthier alternative (the other mommies will love you for that!)
- Or as a snack at any type of get-together.
Why They Are THE BEST Chicken Wraps
Other than being so healthy and low in calories, they have the best, creamiest filling! You think mayo is the most flavorful spread you can use in wraps and sandwiches? Think again!
This delicious combination of low-fat Greek yogurt and light cream cheese creates a salad spread 100% more creamy-dreamy than that of mayo!
All in all, they may be low in calories but so high in flavor. You’ll definitely love these and make them over and over again once you try them!
LIKE CHICKEN WRAPS? TRY THESE →
Low-Calorie, Healthy Chicken Wraps (364 cal only!)
For The Chicken Salad:
- 1 450 gram / 1 pound chicken breast skinless
- 130 grams / 4.5 oz light cream cheese 11% fat
- 130 grams Greek yogurt low fat
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
For The Wraps:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2-3 crunchy lettuce leaves chopped
- 12 thin slices of tomato
- 12 thin sticks of cucumber
- ½ small onion sliced
For The Chicken Salad:
- Boil chicken breast for about 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small-sized mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese until completely soft.
- Add the Greek yogurt and whisk until fully combined.
- Grate the carrot with a hand grater and add to the mixture as well.
- Whisk in the chopped dill, fresh lemon juice, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is cool enough, shred it into pieces and add to the mixture.
- Combine everything well.
For The Wraps:
- Take a wrap and add 2 slices of tomato, 2 cucumber sticks, a bit of onion and lettuce and 1-2 tablespoons of the chicken salad and wrap.