This colorful & flavorful salad combines two of the all-time-favorite salads. A potato salad and a tuna salad!
This Mediterranean flavored Potato Tuna Salad is mayo-free. Made with boiled potatoes & carrots, tuna, sweet corn, olive slices, tomatoes, onions, and parsley. All mixed with a light and appetizing mustard dressing.
I love salads like this, that can stay in the fridge overnight. And instead of getting spoiled or soggy, get even stronger in flavor.
I mean what could be more convenient than this salad to make for a dinner party or bbq? Without having to prepare it at the last minute. This salad simply stays in the fridge, waiting for the right moment to come out and amaze everyone!
It's also great to prepare the night before and serve as a cold lunch the next day.
Olive Oil Instead Of Mayo
A tuna salad is a great way to include some O-mega 3 fatty acids to your diet (the best way would be fresh sardines). So when you have a meal that's rich in healthy fats why top it up with unhealthy mayonnaise fat?
That's why it's made with a mustard-olive oil dressing instead of mayonnaise. This dressing makes the salad lighter and more appetizing. Leaving your stomach fulfilled but not stuffed.
To make it you simply whisk together 2 tablespoons of mild mustard with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Then gradually add 8 tablespoons of olive oil while whisking constantly.
How To Make Potato Tuna Salad
To make this delicious salad, first, boil the potatoes and carrots and set aside to cool. Cut tomatoes in half and remove the tomato insides. Don't throw away as you can use them in making...
-Greek Scrambled Eggs With Tomato & Feta
Dice the potatoes, carrots and the remaining ingredients for the salad. Mix everything in a salad bowl along with the dressing.
If you enjoy a healthy potato salad you should definitely try this one as well. Made with olive oil, lemon, garlic onion, and fresh herbs. It's truly appetizing and refreshing!
Healthy Potato Tuna Salad (No Mayo)
- 550 grams / 1,3 lb potatoes peeled
- 2 carrots peeled
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4-5 tablespoons canned sweet corn
- 200 grams / 7 oz canned tuna
- 120 grams / 4,2 oz olive slices
- a handful of fresh parsley chopped
For The Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons mild mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until cooked and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Dice the potatoes and carrots. Add to a large salad bowl.
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove the insides. Dice the tomatoes and add to the bowl along with the remaining ingredients for the salad.
For The Dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually pour in the olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Pour dressing over the salad and combine well.
- Let salad set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...